“He who laughs last laughs best.” If that old adage proves true, President Barack Obama may find himself guffawing heartily well into his old age.
The latest cause for Obama’s impending mirth? Talking Points Memo reports National Impeach Obama Week has announced a nation-wide protest for the last week of August, starting Saturday, August 23. Events are scheduled for most state capitols, plus the site invites idiot Teabagger hatriots to schedule their own protests.
National Impeach Obama Week explains:
The protest theme is to impeach and remove Obama from office for the following reasons. Gerald Ford said after the Nixon was forced to resign under threat of impeachment that an “impeachable offense” is whatever the Congress will vote for at a given time. We are not here to argue about what is impeachable, but to demand that this lawless, subversive and anti-American president be removed from office. […] Show Congress that there is public demand for removing the Great Usurper. Everyone is welcome to join in. This is a nonpartisan effort.
And they level the usual litany of baseless accusations, which include:
- Governing by dictatorial fiat;
- Waging illegal wars [Oops, wrong president, but who’s keeping track? — Ed.];
- Assassinating three U.S. citizens;
- Bald-faced lying to the American people; Supporting Al Queda and other Muslim terrorists;
- Encouraging swarms of “illegal” brown people to swarm our borders; “Bizarre and erratic behavior” [Sounds like the (tea)pot’s calling the kettle, um, er, black — Ed.];
- Forging his birth certificate [Yawn — Ed.]; and… ad in finitum.
But, to paraphrase another old adage, what if the Tea Party threw an ‘Impeach Obama’ rally and nobody came?
So far only a handful of Tea Party organizations have lent their endorsements to this so-called “event.”: Give Us Liberty, Impeach Obama Now Coalition, Impeach Obama Rallies of Jacksonville, Florida, One Nation Under Fraud. Stand for Liberty, Tea Party Patriots of Brookhaven, and Ventura County Tea Party.