Alleged campaign finance fraudster and noted Teabagger conspiracy theorist Dinesh D’Souza was on the receiving end of an epic beat-down last night on Real Time with Bill Maher. The exchange took place during the online “Overtime” segment and concerned the minimum wage debate. D’Souza was attempting to trot out the predictable, tired, and nonsensical talking points about stifling innovation in his customary, smarmy, and insufferable style, but was rebuked, by of all people, a Catholic nun.
Sister Simone Campbell, of Nuns on the Bus fame, wasn’t about to let him get away with his usual condescension when he called raising the minimum wage a “minor issue”:
[box type=”shadow”]”Excuse me, it is not a minor issue. It is at the heart of people’s struggle. I met Robin at the White House and she works full-time for minimum wage. And Robin, who works full-time at minimum wage for a profitable chain, she has to live in a homeless shelter because she does not have enough money to pay rent. That is wrong in the richest nation on Earth. It is wrong and it’s a big deal!” [/box]
It was encouraging to watch a calm, but passionate woman take down such a smug, lying, and obnoxious wing-nut. Check it out:
h/t: Crooks and Liars
More from AATTP on raising the minimum wage:
- Elizabeth Warren: If Min. Wage Had Kept Up With Productivity, It’d Be $22/hr!
- Watch The Daily Show Annihilate Fox ‘News’ For Berating Minimum Wage Workers
- WHAT?! Mitt Romney Urges GOP to Raise Minimum Wage (Video)
- Watch Bill Maher SHATTER GOP View on Minimum Wage: ‘When Did the American Dream Become a Pathway to Indentured Servitude?’ (Video)
- SHAME: These Big Businesses Bribed Republicans to Vote Down Minimum Wage Bill!