The Republicans are never averse to calling President Obama names. When he announced that 2014 would be his “year of action” for using executive orders to get around the do-nothing Tea-soaked Congress, Republicans added “king,” “lawless,” and “dictator” to their list.
Michelle Bachmann, who can always be counted on to have a stupid, unwanted opinion for every situation, said in January:
“He may think he’s a king, he may declare himself king, but that’s not what he is under our Constitution.”
Sen. Marco Rubio responded by calling Obama’s executive orders “borderline unconstitutional.” Sen. Ted Cruz — who likely believes its part of an overreaching plot to force green eggs and ham on God-fearing Americans — said that it was part of the “president’s persistent pattern of lawlessness.”
Surprisingly, they’re all wrong. New data from the Brookings Institute shows that Obama’s rapid issuing of executive orders puts him on par with fellow outlaw president, Glover Cleveland.
John Hudak, a Brookings fellow in governance studies, said that Obama has issued a staggering total of 14 executive orders since January. This is hardly Nazi stuff here. Obama’s 14 executive orders compare to 11 by President Bush the Lesser and 18 by both President Clinton and Reagan during the same period in their second term.
Hudak added that, “President Obama issues an executive order, on average, about every 11 days. President George W. Bush issued them every 10 days. President Reagan issued about one a week. President Carter issued more than one every five days.”
This week, the Obama Administration announced that they were working on another executive order; one that would bar federal contractors from discriminating against employees because of sexual orientation or gender identity. Oh, the lawlessness; the inhumanity. Why can’t he just let companies discriminate like good Christians are supposed to?
More on Obama’s executive orders.
- WATCH Hilarious Rachel Maddow Smack Down Right-Wing Freak-Out Over Use of Executive Orders VIDEO
- GOP Silent as Tyrant Obama Uses Executive Power Preventing LGBT Discrimination
- President Obama to Sign Executive Order Easing Burden for Student Loans!
- Paul Ryan Leads the Possible Charge to Impeach Obama Over Executive Order Threats (Video)
- BREAKING: Obama to Move On Minimum Wage WITHOUT Congress!
- Two Million Home Health Workers Benefit From Obama Executive Order! (Video)
- BREAKING: President Obama Announces 23 Executive Gun Safety Actions!
- Debunking Four Egregious Republican Lies About Bowe Bergdahl