Dave Snyder is an internet marketing consultant and CEO of CopyPress. On Wednesday, he held his Unconference in Chicago, where the price of admission was a backpack for reKindle, a charity organization to deliver to the homeless struggling to survive on the mean streets of Chicago.
Each backpack was to be filled with the following items:
- A Pair Of Socks (preferably not ankle socks or dress socks)
- A Wash Cloth, Hand Towel, and or Packet of Wet Wipes
- A Gatorade, Powerade, Or Other Sports Drink
- Non-Perishable Food Items (think granola bars, power bars, pre-packaged meals to go, etc
- Warm Hat
- Travel Sized Toiletries (tooth paste, toothbrushes, soap, Q-tips, etc)
- Bus Passes
- Candy / Soda
- Gift Certificates for Food (of any kind!)
As they were delivering the backpacks they came across Albert a homeless man “celebrating” his 66th birthday by humbly begging for spare change that he might buy himself a gift for his “special” day. To Albert these men he had never met became Angels sent to make his one birthday wish come true.
Watch Watch below to see what the one thing Albert wanted for his birthday.