A couple in California has been in jail for the last month after an exchange with police May 13. Dustin Rosondich and Xylie Eshleman were pulled over because they had a piece of paper in place of their license plate, reading “Non Resident 6-55-502. Privilege tax on nonresidents prohibited. Lienholder (my chattel).” Still, they only found their way to jail after refusing to sign their citation.
Words like sovereign citizen have been used a lot lately, but on May 22 Rosondich denied police suggestions that he views himself as a “free citizen.” Why? The term citizen apparently implies too much allegiance. However, in an interview with the Jackson Sun, the couple made numerous statements that seemed contradictory at best. According to Eshleman:
“What we did, is we did Expatriation Act of 1868 … What we did is we took our citizenship and we got rid of it. We’re expatriated from the United States.”
Seems easy enough to understand, albeit raright? That is until Rosondich goes on to explain that such privileges are available because they are U.S. citizens.
“There are citizens of the U dot S dot that hold constitutional rights under the 14th Amendment of the Constitution of the United States … This country was based on sovereignty, and today if you say the word ‘sovereign,’ you’re looked at as a terrorist or something.”
The pair hopes to eventually make it to Tennessee, where they can, you guessed it, make and live in a natural house made of tree pieces. Here they would continue to live under what they called “common law” or “God’s law.” Still, to the FBI, such people are simply a different kind of example from the often-violent sovereign citizen movement. After the incidents that unfolded in Las Vegas and the BLM officer that was shot, it’s easy to see why such people are classified as domestic terrorists, even though some are simply… confused.
h/t and photo: Jackson Sun.
More from AATTP on so-called “sovereign citizens.”
- Shocking Raw Video: Tea Party-Type ‘Sovereign Citizen’ Georgia Courthouse Shooting Rampage (Video)
- ‘Sovereign Citizen’ Opens Fire, Tries to Blow Up Georgia Courthouse
- Assault Rifle-Wielding ‘Sovereign Citizen’ Murders Two State Troopers over $150 Couch (Video)
- Whackjob Sovereign Citizens Refuse to Pay Taxes Using the Most Insane Reason Possible!
- Police Find Cache of Bombs and Booby Traps Inside Foreclosed Home of Ohio ‘Sovereign Citizen’
- Threat from Within: Right Wing Domestic Terror Group ‘Sovereign Citizens’ Growing in U.S.