A Responsible Gun Owner™ in Indiana died on Saturday after failing to check if his gun was loaded before a sale to a family member.
At about 8 p.m. the man, whose name has yet to be released, was selling his weapon to a relative in a Fort Wayne home when it accidentally discharged into his chest. At least a dozen police cars responded to this latest instance of Second-Amendment-Gone-Wrong.
Police provided first aid, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Fort Wayne Police Department spokesman Chris Felton told WANE hopes that this incident serves as a reminder to treat the gun as if it’s loaded. Even if you’re sure it’s unloaded, still treat it as if its loaded. Never point a gun at anything or anyone you’re not willing to destroy. Treat it as loaded all the time.”
Felton says there is no suspicion of foul play, and there are no charges at this time.
h/t: Freak Out Nation