Rachel Maddow details the chronology of the GOP seemingly destroying itself right before our eyes. The leaderless clan is at each other’s throats, and the chaos is not abating. It actually seems to be getting worse by the day. Maddow marveled on her show Wednesday night,
It is not uncommon for the losing party to go through a round of soul searching after a bad election cycle. Nobody expected the Republicans to spring back to their feet immediately after losing the White House by 3 million votes, after losing the House by 1 million votes, after losing two additional seats in the Senate–nobody expected them to be on fire by now, but right now it is less that they are on fire than they are engulfed in flames and they are the ones who have lit them.
• Freedomworks was exposed by Mother Jones for making a promotional video featuring two female interns dressed as Hillary Clinton and a panda bear engaging in, um, certain bizarre acts that they apparently planned on showing at a conference.
• Recently, Bobby Jindal said publicly that the GOP should “stop being the stupid party.”
• Congressional Republicans, like Rand Paul, mistook a satirical piece from Breitbart for a real document, possibly resulting in the filibuster of Secretary of State appointee, Chuck Hagel.
• They had two separate responses to the State of the Union, one from the Tea Party and another from the Republican Party.
• And, maybe the most severe example of division in the GOP, Karl Rove has essentially declared war on the Tea Party.
Get your popcorn ready and stay tuned, liberal friends. We think this is going to get interesting!
Watch the video, courtesy of MSNBC: