The owner of a Hot Springs, Arkansas declared her business to be a “Muslim Free Zone” this week after she was spooked by an “Allahu Akbar” ringtone one of her Muslim customers had on his phone.
In a post on her web site, Gun Cave Shooting Range owner Jan Morgan said that she had to ban all Muslims because of the offending ringtone — and because of her own twisted presuppositions and assumptions about Muslims in general.
This is not a coffee and donut shop. This is a live fire indoor shooting range. People come here to buy, rent, and shoot lethal weapons,” she explained. “In the range, people are shooting guns in close proximity to each other, so my patrons depend on me and my discretion regarding who I allow to shoot beside them.”
Morgan added that one mistake in judgment could “cost innocent people their lives,” so it is better to openly discriminate against all Muslims. She provided a lengthy explanation attempting to justify her bigotry:
1) The Koran (which I have read and studied thoroughly) and (which all muslims align themselves with), contains 109 verses commanding hate, murder and terror against all human beings who refuse to submit or convert to Islam. Read those verses of violence here.
2) My life has been threatened repeatedly by muslims in response to my publication of those verses from their Koran. Why would I want to rent or sell a gun and hand ammunition to someone who aligns himself with a religion that commands him to kill me?
3) * The barbaric act of beheading an innocent American in Oklahoma by a muslim
* the Boston bombings(by muslims)
* the Foot Hood mass shooting (by a muslim) that killed 13 people and injured over 30 people
* and the murder of 3000 innocent people (by muslims) on 9/11
This is more than enough loss of life on my home soil at the hands of muslims to substantiate my position that muslims can and may follow the directives in their Koran and kill here at home.
4) Two muslims walked in to my range last week with allah akbar ring tone and message alert tones on their smart phones. They spoke very little english, one did not have proof of U.S. citizenship, yet they wanted to rent and shoot guns.
Their behavior was so strange, it was unnerving to my patrons. No one would enter the range to shoot while they were there. Some of my customers left.
(can you blame them?)
5) * Muslims, who belong to and, or, support ISIS, are threatening to kill innocent Americans.
* Muslims, who belong to or support AL Qaeda, are threatening to kill innocent Americans.
* Muslims who belong to or support HAMAS are threatening to kill innocent Americans.
See a common thread here?
6) I have a federal firearms licence… The ATF informed us when we received the license that if we feel any reason for concern about selling someone a firearm, even sense that something is not right about an individual, or if we are concerned about that persons mental state, even if they pass a background check, we do not have to sell that person a gun.
In other words, a federal agency has given us this kind of discretion for service based on the nature of the business. I can and have turned people away if I sense an issue with their mental state.
7) I understand that not all muslims are terrorists. I also believe there are as many Muslims who do not know what is in their Koran as there are Christians who do not know what is in their Bible.
Since I have no way of discerning which muslims will or will not kill in the name of their religion and the commands in their koran…I choose to err on the side of caution for the safety of my patrons.
8) On the issue of religious discrimination:
I view Islam as a theocracy, not a religion. Islam is the union of political, legal, and religious ideologies. In other words, law, religion and state are forged together to form what Muslims refer to as “The Nation of Islam.”
It is given the sovereign qualities of a nation with clerics in the governing body and Sharia law all in one. This is a Theocracy, not a religion.
The US Constitution does not protect a theocracy.
The 1st Amendment is very specific about protecting the rights of individuals from the government, as it concerns the practice of religions, not theocracies.
It clearly differentiates between government and religion. Again protecting the individual’s religious beliefs and practices from (the state) government.
In Islam religion and state are one.
We are a Nation governed by laws, the U.S. Constitution. We are not a Nation that is governed by religion, politicians or clerics.
How then can Islam be protected by the U.S. Constitution?
9) Islam allows Muslims to kill their own children, (honor killing) if the behavior of those children embarrasses or dishonors the family name. (which has already occurred on American soil)
Why would I allow people (whose religion allows them to murder their own children), be in the presence of other children?
My patrons often bring their kids to the range to teach them to shoot.
I am responsible for providing a safe environment for those children to learn gun safety and shooting sports.
10) In the 14 hundred year history of Islam, muslims have murdered over 270 million people.
Since 9/11 muslims have committed over 21 thousand deadly terror attacks world wide
Yes, it is true that verses in numerous religious texts condone harming others — just look at the Bible! However, we don’t openly bar Christians from establishments because of a fear they will act on Biblical teachings.
It is not only irresponsible, but wrong, to assume that all Muslims want to kill you because of the actions of terrorist groups. Unsubstantiated claims aside, saying that Muslims are not protected by the Constitution because Islam is a “theocracy” are just downright moronic — and her “razed earth” strategy of protecting customers from “scary” Muslims is irresponsible at best.
Unsurprisingly, this announcement was met with an outpouring of hatred from supporters: