In the case that you have been unfortunate enough to be exposed to the false FOXNews narrative that the Obama administration gave an order to “stand down” to security forces in Benghazi during the September 11, 2012 attacks on a U.S. diplomatic facility, you will be glad to know that’s the reality is that it was just another shameless political hit job organized by Roger Ailes and his minions.
Shortly after the attacks in Benghazi which killed US Ambassador Christopher Stevens at three other Americans, FOXNews sinisterly began airing accusations that the security forces stationed there at the time were ordered to “stand down” by the Obama administration.
This accusation was repeated in over 85 segments on the networks prime time shows by FOXNews contributors, hosts and guests.
At one point, the entire network made unfounded speculations that either President Obama or Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta gave the order, promoting a false narrative that seek to lay blame for these unfortunate attacks at the feet of the Obama administration.
In order to justify their speculation, FOXNews referenced the remarks made by Lieut. Col. Gibson before a congressional committee, in which he appeared to make the claim that a small team of special forces troops in Tripoli was ordered to “stand down.”
However, Republicans are now admitting that order was never actually given. According to The Associated Press, Gibson told the Republican – dominated congressional committee on June 26 that he, in fact, was never ordered to “stand down.”
The former commander of a four-member Army Special Forces unit in Tripoli, Libya, denied Wednesday that he was told to stand down during last year’s deadly assault on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi.
In a closed-door session with the House Armed Services Committee, Lt. Col. S.E. Gibson said his commanders told him to remain in the capital of Tripoli to defend Americans in the event of additional attacks and to help survivors being evacuated from Benghazi.
“Contrary to news reports, Gibson was not ordered to ‘stand down’ by higher command authorities in response to his understandable desire to lead a group of three other special forces soldiers to Benghazi,” the Republican-led committee said in a summary of its classified briefing with military officials, including Gibson.
Of course, we don’t expect FOXNews to retract their unfounded accusations and correct the record. Even if they did, it would already be too late, given the fact that the light has already been repeated over 85 times to a FOXNews audience that is adverse to fact checking.
This is just the tip of the iceberg regarding the hundreds of false narratives about Pres. Obama and his administration promulgated by a news network that seeks to poison political discourse and promote anti-government paranoia.
Judging from their lack of coverage when dozens of embassies were attacked during the Bush administration, it is safe to assume that this is nothing more than a shameless political hits job manufactured by Roger Ailes.
Please do your part in exposing their lives by sharing this and other related articles on social media forums.
Watch FOXNews spread this false narrative BELOW: