Despite what you see in movies, placing a loaded weapon in the front of your pants and aiming at your twig and berries is not a good idea. Accidental discharges of a different nature are too high of a risk. Yet, people hoping to imitate their favorite actors continue to place their weapons in their waistline. Since 2010, at least five of these ammosexuals have ensured their gene pool ends at them.
1. September 2012: Michael Smeriglio, while cleaning his pistol. The 18-year old Floridian shot a bullet through his penis and left testicle while he was attempting to clean a gun he bought at a party the month prior.
2. July 2012: Tavares Colbert, while testing out a firearm. Colbert, 36, was charged with illegal firearms possession after he admitted to the cops that he had intentions to sell the gun to another man outside a 7-Eleven in Oklahoma. On the way to make the sale, Colbert tested the gun in the car and shot himself in the nads.
3. August 2011: Joshua Seto, walking into store with girlfriend. 27-year old Seto was walking into a store with his girlfriend in Chandler, Arizona, when a pink pistol went off in his pants. Putz.
4. May 2010: Unidentified man, shopping at Lowe’s. A lone shopper blew away his testicles on a Sunday afternoon while walking the aisles at Lowe’s Home Improvement in Washington state. The gun was kept not-so-safely in his waistband.
5. March 2010: Unidentified teenager, walking into medical center. A 17-year old in Vallejo, California, was spotted holding his wounded crotch while walking into the emergency room. At the time of the report, the kid didn’t tell anyone what happened.
Prior to the guns discharging, these men all had one thing in common—the NRA considered them “good guys with guns.” Owning a gun in America is far too easy. At the very least, gun owners should be required to undergo training sessions to learn the do’s and don’ts of handling a gun. One would think pointing a loaded gun at their manhood would spark some inner-instinct that says, “This will not end well.” Unfortunately for these men, that did not happen.
Here’s the junk-shooting scene from Jump Street. (NSFW for language).