America has a few hallowed institutions, but none of them are as sacred as getting smashed and lighting off fireworks on the 4th of July. This Friday is America’s 238th birthday; a time when people get together with friends and family for a cookout, to talk sports (or avoid that crazy uncle who’s been a member of the John Birch Society since 1976), swim in pools and ponds, and, as day turns to dusk, light off fireworks.
Often, just like guns, we forget how dangerous fireworks are. But never fear! YouTube is here to remind us what happens when people forget that, and AATTP collected nine of these videos to share with you, for your 4th of July viewing pleasure. Please, don’t repeat anything you see here; the line between “accident” and “purpose” is the same line between “manslaughter” and “murder,” and that’s at least an additional 10-15 years.
So, without further ado, we present to you some of the most spectacular and hilarious firework fails on YouTube (some of the language is not safe for work; some of the stunts are not safe for sanity).
9. Never Launch Without Adult Supervision: That Way, You Can Blame Them When it Goes Wrong
8. Did Somebody Call the Fire Truck?
7. This Is Why You Never Let Michael Bay Set Up Your Fireworks Show
6. Common Sense Math: Drinking + Fireworks = Always Bad Idea
5. That’s One Way to Get Rid of the Ants, I Suppose
4. Mortar Schmortar — All You Need is a Lighter and Really Fast Feet
3. Remember: Only You Can Prevent Front Yard Fires
2. Pro-Tip: When Launching Rockets, it Helps If You’re Not Looking Down the Barrel
1. And Now, A Top 10 YouTube Compilation of Fireworks Fails: For When One Fail Just Doesn’t Cut It
Remember everyone; the videos are funny (or cringe inducing) but fireworks are dangerous. From everyone here at AATTP to you and your family, have a happy (and safe!) 4th of July.