What a surprise! Fox News is ignoring information that debunks one of their claims about the Benghazi attack. They report? We decide they are the PR arm of the Republican party.
It was all over the news when the Pentagon announced that Ahmed Abu Khattala had been captured a week ago. He was known to be the leader of the group that called itself Obeida Ibn Al Jarra. Khattala was called “sheik” by his followers and, according to local Muslim leaders, “People started to fear him.” Khattala was known to be fanatical in his adherence to Islam. The former leader of the militant group said that Khattala thought he “owned God” and that everyone else “is an infidel.”
On the night of September 11, 2012, Khattala was conspicuous and obviously leading the group, witnesses say. Though he hung back, fighters reported to him, calling him “sheik.” Late into the assault, Khattala and another man drove a truck into the compound: security footage captured him around 11:30 that night. After the attack, he made no attempt to flee but, rather, walked into the city and disappeared.
One of the talking points that Fox has been beating like the proverbial dead equine is that Susan Rice lied about the Benghazi attack being sparked by an anti-Muslim video. The day after the attack, the New York Times reported that witnesses “said in interviews during the battle that they were moved to attack the mission by anger over a 14-minute, American-made video that depicted the Prophet Muhammad…” In October, NYT reporter David Kirkpatrick got the same story from witnesses:
“The fighters said at the time that they were moved to act because of the video, which had first gained attention across the region after a protest in Egypt that day.”
But Fox dismissed the eyewitnesses and decided to pursue the attack on Susan Rice and anyone else who suggested that the video was involved. Even in the face of mounting evidence that the video had been the motive for the attack. Despite heavy coverage of Khattala’s arrest on Fox, the fact that he — and others — said that the attack was motivated by that video, has never been mentioned. Not once. In five stories about him since his arrest. This is the latest. Nope, nothing about the video.
According to Steve Rendall at FAIR, Fox News has aired over 2,000 segments on Benghazi. Besides their claim that the White House did not immediately call the attack “terrorism,” (President Obama did) their biggest talking point was that Susan Rice lied. Now that there is information which refutes this claim, nary a word of it has been breathed on the Fox airwaves. The conspiracy that Fox created simply doesn’t exist. And they know that, if they report on what Khattala has said about the motive for the Benghazi attack, their entire house of cards will fall.
More on Benghazi.
- MUST READ: The 19 Worst GOP/Tea Party Benghazi Lies Debunked!
- Obama Captures Benghazi Ringleader: Fox News Says Obama Presidency Is ‘Imploding’
- Benghazi Ringleader Ahmed Abu Khattala Claims Attack Was About the Anti-Islam Video
- Obama Captures Suspect In Benghazi Attack to Distract from Benghazi (Video)
- Obama on Capture of Benghazi Ringleader: ‘If You Attack Us, We’ll Find You’ (Video)
- Here are the Five Most Moronic Conservative Reactions to Capture of Benghazi Ringleader SO FAR (Screenshots)
- UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE! Fox ‘News’ Says Obama Caught Benghazi Ringleader to Help Hillary Clinton’s Book Tour!
- BREAKING: U.S. Captures Ringleader of 2012 Benghazi Attack!