On Friday the IRS reported to the House Ways and Means Committee that some email from the account of Lois Lerner, director of the Exempt Organizations division, were missing due to a computer crash that occurred in 2011. That morsel of news set the conservative media to salivating with hopes of a new controversy to wrap around the neck of the Obama administration.
Never mind that after a year of congressional hearings, independent investigations, and media scrutiny, there has not been an iota of evidence tying any of the IRS activities to the White House, right-wing pundits and politicians scurried to spread innuendo and place blame.
Leading the pack, as usual, was Fox News. They pounced on the missing email story with a barely disguised glee, despite the fact that they had little information to report. However, they did succeed at what they do best: spewing outrage over alleged improprieties by President Obama that they cavalierly dismissed during the Bush years.
But what makes this even worse is that a Fox News host is accusing Obama of high crimes, but in 2007, while serving as Bush’s press secretary, she absolved Bush of any wrongdoing in a nearly identical situation.
Read the whole story at News Corpse.
More on AATTP about Fox News Lies:
- Watch Jon Stewart HAMMER FOX News’ Asinine Global Warming LIES! (Video)
- Fox News Lies AGAIN! Says Obama Surgeon General Appointee Wants to Ban Guns
- Despite Fox News LIES About CBO Report, Director Says Obamacare will REDUCE Unemployment (Video)
- More Fox News Lies Fall Apart: No Benghazi ‘Stand Down’ Order Was Ever Given
- Fox ‘News’ Lies Again: ‘Obama Has Sided With Jihadists At Every Turn’ (Video)