Next week is “Spirit Week” at Shippensburg Intermediate School in Pennsylvania! Students can expect to have a wonderful time dressing up in zany clothes throughout the week!
A reader sent us the following message today, and we thought we would share it with you folks. We have chosen to (at her request) redact her name, as it could be used to identify her child.
[box type=”shadow”]Please please please keep this message anonymous because my children will be subject to retribution. My son is in 5th grade and next week is school spirit week, with a different “wear this” each day of the week. Friday is favorite sports team or—Duck Dynasty apparel!!! So the school just put a stamp of approval on hate speech. I voiced my concern anonymously last week when I heard the rumor, but the paper he brought home today made it official. This is Shippensburg Intermediate School, Shippensburg PA. South central PA, a very conservative demographic. It’s very dangerous actually to be a liberal here, but I had to get this out. Again, for my son’s safety, please don’t use my name if you pass this info along. Thank you![/box]
- On Monday, it’s time to pull out that sweater Grandma gave you last Christmas for Ugly Sweater/Hat Day!
- Turn back the clock on Tuesday! It’s 70’s/Disco Day!
- On Wednesday, students can roll out of bed and go straight to school on Pajama Day! (Slippers are a no-no)
- Thursday is Twin/Triplet day. If you already have those, wonderful! If not, get to cloning, kids!
- Friday is a very special day for students. They can either support their favorite sports team … ooooooor if they want, they can advocate anti-Muslim, racist, homophobic hate speech and marrying children by supporting Phil Robertson on Sports Team/Duck Dynasty Day
It’s invigorating to see a public school encouraging students to support intolerance!