In his speech to homophobic hate-group the National Organization for Marriage, Dr Ben Carson went full conspiracy-theorist nutcase as he explained how the liberal plot to allow gays to get married was really part of a Marxist push for a “New World Order”. He also opened with a story about refusing to take a paternity test and compared the LGBT community to a mathematician insisting 2+2=5.
Skipping past the oddly out-of-place paternity tale, Carson’s first notable bit of crazy is when he says he likens “the new gay marriage crowd to a new group of mathematicians that say 2+2 is 5”. Whereas Carson and his “traditionalist” Tea Partiers insist it’s always been 4.
Carson’s skewed stance on the topic is a bit hard to even piece together. He says he’s fine letting the pro-gay crowd do what they like, but yet he’s still clearly against letting them get married. Those two ideas are utterly contradictory. He also claims that the LGBT community is forcing their beliefs on him, but I can’t even imagine anyone sent him an invitation to their wedding much less forced him to participate. How is a gay couple getting married in any way affecting Dr Carson?!
But backwards analogies are the least crazy part of Ben Carson’s speech. Carson mentions the writer Cleon Skousen, a right-wing conspiracy theorist who wrote about how communists are planning to subvert the US government back in the 1950s. Completely on board Skousen’s 50-year-old crazy train, Carson actually brings up Neo-Marxists and their dream of a “New World Order”, claiming that the liberal push for equality is in fact an attempt to destroy American families and take over the government.
I didn’t even realize Neo-Marxism was still a thing, much less was trying to overturn the government. Pushing for equal rights is perhaps the worst world domination strategy I’ve ever heard, and I’ve watched quite a few Bond movies.
What is perhaps more disturbing than all of the insanity spilling out of Dr Carson’s mouth is the realization that the NOM chose this man as their keynote speaker. Check out the entire speech if you dare.
More from AATTP on Ben Carson.
- Tea Partier Ben Carson Says Obamacare is Worse Than 9/11
- Tea Party Idiot Ben Carson Calls Obamacare ‘Neo-Marxist’ Slavery That ‘Robs You’ (Video)
- Dr. Ben Carson on Obamacare: ‘We Will Have a Single-Payer System if We Don’t Stop this from Happening’
- Watch Fox’s Ben Carson Say Abortion Gets Women ‘All Riled Up’ So They Need to Be ‘Re-Educated’
- Tea Party Idiot Ben Carson: Obamacare Is The Worst Thing Since Slavery!
- Maher: Dr. Ben Carson Has A ‘Creamy Layer Of Bachmann’ On The Inside!
- Ben Carson Calls White Liberals Racists, Gets Slammed On Fox? (video)