In recent days the Right has been vocally accusing Democrats of using the “Impeachment threat” as a fund raising tool, and to some extent that is true. Democratic letters and e-mails soliciting donations of late have often made reference to the incessant demands from the radical right that the President be impeached. Current issues are always mentioned in fund-raising literature.
What those critics conveniently overlook is that Republicans are doing exactly the same thing, and much more vociferously. From all appearances it is on a much wider scale.
No supporter of impeachment has been more vocal than Sarah Palin who published calls for impeachment on both Breitbart and Fox News after which fund raising e-mails flooded inboxes across the country seeking donations to defend against impeachment from Democratic PACs and even the DNC but they were not alone. Right wing organizations predicted the downfall of our democracy without your immediate donation to support removal of the tyrant.
On Thursday one term Representative Allen West sent out a solicitation declaring that in the face of this “emergency” he had decided to re-open his Guardian Fund’s impeachment survey:
“Friend – Today, Sarah Palin joined tens of thousands of conservatives when she called for the impeachment of Barack Obama. This movement is far from over….it’s gaining speed! In light of this growing movement and these new developments, I’ve decided to reopen the Guardian Fund’s impeachment survey for a limited time so that more conservatives can join us and have their voices heard.
Will you make an emergency contribution of $5 or more right away, so we can get this survey into the hands of as many conservatives as possible?”
Of course no one wants to miss out on this opportunity, with the base fired up everyone wants in on the action. Takeover Super PAC, supported by WND founder Joseph Farah “rented” the WND mailing list to send out a message with the subject line “Impeach Him!”
“When we gain an absolute majority in the House and Senate, we conservatives can finally expose Obama law-breaker [sic],” says Tom Freiling, Executive Director of Takeover.
Farah himself sent out a message to his subscribers asking them to support Takeover in this endeavor touting it as the only PAC actively working to impeach the President. Takeover, he assures them is going to “launch the next, and LAST, American revolution.”
Not wanting to miss out on a good thing as a business man Farah has also seen the profit potential in the issue as well and to that end he has opened an “Impeachment Store” on the WND website where one can purchase items such as a “Special Report” which explains why Barack Obama must be impeached for the sake of America at the discounted price of $9.95 or magnetic “Honk For Impeachment” bumper stickers.
More from AATTP on conservatives’ taxpayer money-wasting impeachment efforts.
- Hilarious! Watch Bill Maher Read Sarah Palin’s Articles of Impeachment Against Barack Obama! (Video)
- BREAKING: John Boehner Disses Sarah Palin, Rejecting Calls for Obama’s Impeachment
- Sarah Palin Pens Deranged Word Salad Calling For Obama’s Impeachment Over Republican Border Crisis
- Monumental Idiot Rush Limbaugh Calls For Obama’s Impeachment Over Phony IRS Scandal
- South Dakota GOP Moves Forward Calling for President Obama’s Impeachment
- Fox ‘News’ Troglodyte Says ‘Every Day of This Presidency Has Been an Impeachable Offense’
- The GOP Thinks it Has the Votes to Impeach Obama, Again (Video)
- John Boehner Admits GOP’s Fake IRS Scandal Is About Impeaching Obama and Holder (Video)
- GOP Candidate Says Obama’s Blackness Keeping Him From Being Impeached (Video)
- Paul Ryan Leads the Possible Charge to Impeach Obama Over Executive Order Threats (Video)
- Idiot Tea Partier Who Walked Out of SOTU Contemplating Filing Articles of Impeachment Against Obama
Photo: Human Events.