By AATTP contributing author, E. Henry Schoenberger
A movement is suppose to signify progress in sequence, like a bowel movement means the evacuation of bodily waste; and is the opposite of constipation. However, the conservative movement has become an obstructionist movement; blocking anything our biracial President proposes that will help move our economy forward for 98% of “we the people!”
People like Joe Scarborough speak wistfully of the golden years of the movement when it negotiated in semi good faith with Clinton; and people like John Dean have written about how conservatism was grotesquely distorted and abused by Bush, Cheney and Rove in “Worse than Watergate;” John Dean, who was Nixon’s lawyer, is an American first and knows the truth!
But today, the GOP has totally lost its way due to the TEApublican religious racist right takeover, and nothing could more clearly illustrate this, even for anyone suffering from mental rigor mortis, than the cast of characters chosen to speak at CPAC.
We definitely agree with you there, Rick!
This is a stunning group of prominent profoundly self-interested, innately prejudiced and hubris laden superficial thinkers:
• Mitt Romney: consummate sociopathic narcissist liar, whose real posture toward his fellow Americans was clearly revealed when he explained to his ultra rich, equally sociopathically greedy supporters – “47% of Americans only want government handouts.” His sons served their country as Mormon missionaries in Europe, per his wife, Ann.
• Rick Perry: “Oops” says it all about this airhead creationist leader.
• Ted Cruz: The closet creationist with Ivy credentials, and Joe McCarthy sound-alike.
• Sarah Palin: The profoundly superficial creationist quitter who, implausibly, and with great dexterity has the ability to think in Tongue.
• Rick Santorum: Creationist and condom hater, who doesn’t believe in public education because it could corrupt young minds with real facts and concepts which could lead to dangerous questioning and critical thinking or as liberals call it – flexibility of thought.
• Jeb Bush: who as governor of Florida in 2000, blocked access to voting booths with state highway patrol cars from1 ½ miles away, in all black districts, so it would take a 3 mile round trip with a walker for anyone elderly to vote. And this year a 102 year old American woman – Desiline Victor, a true American Hero – stood in line in Florida for 6 hours to be able to vote.
CPAC is emblematic of the movement gone bad. When a movement goes the wrong way, the result is pernicious constipation. And an enema will not rectify this problem.
For more of Henry’s work, check his blog The 5th Estate
Buy Henry’s brilliant book from Amazon, about which David Satterfield, former Business Editor of the Miami Herald and 2 times Pulitzer Prize Winner, said this:
This should be must-reading for every policy maker in Washington and every student of economics and finance.