Right-wing and Tea Party maven Ann Coulter has once again claimed her place in the Bachmann/Palin world of “WTF did she say? In her column dated Nov. 13, Coulter skillfully manages to spread her own individual brand of hate on two of the Tea Party’s favorite villains. She ridiculed and demonize both immigrants (especially Hispanic immigrants), and the team of “Navigators” working in a mostly volunteer capacity to ease Americans into affordable healthcare under Obamacare. And even more skillfully, the title of her piece managed to insult the president indirectly and an entire nation of people directly.
Ann Coulter has made her career as the mistress of right-wing hate. Her statements about mainstream groups of people, different racial cultures, different religious views, and especially “liberals” are epic. Off the wall and sometimes irrational statements made by Coulter famously include these gems:
- The “backbone of the Democratic Party” is a “typical fat, implacable welfare recipient.” — Syndicated Column, 1999
- “I think there should be a literacy test and a poll tax for people to vote.” — Hannity & Colmes, 1999
- (talking to a disabled Vietnam vet) “People like you caused us to lose that war.” — MSNBC, 1997
- Apparently, Oscars night was Hollywood’s shot at patronizing blacks to generate goodwill — perhaps as wartime penance for its long-standing hatred of America.” — Townhall, 2002
- “I’ve never seen people enjoying their husbands’ deaths so much.” — Her book, Godless: The Church of Liberalism
- “If you wanted to teach people about the great things about America, a college campus is the last place you’d send them. Even fanatical Muslim terrorists don’t hate America like liberals do.” — CPAC, 2002
- (On the murder of Dr. George Tiller) “I don’t really like to think of it as a murder. It was terminating Tiller in the 203rd trimester. […] I am personally opposed to shooting abortionists, but I don’t want to impose my moral values on others.” — The O’Reilly Factor, 2009
- And since I’m having too much fun, my last and favorite Coulter quote: “Clinton masturbates in the sink.” — Rivera Live, 1999
In a Huffington Post piece today, Coulter apparently found a Justice Department list of recently convicted health care defrauders. Selectively choosing Hispanic sounding names from the list, Coulter asked, “Do you notice anything that stands out about the list of convicts? Would any of their names have sounded strange to Ben Franklin? Of 22 people convicted of defrauding American taxpayers by fraudulently billing Medicare or Medicaid, at least 17 have almost comically foreign names.” (Note: to the non-Coulterists, “comically foreign” names means Mexican.) Then Coulter spells out her prejudice even more plainly for her Tea Party readers:
[box type=”shadow”]None of the scammers should be foreigners! We can’t do anything about our native-born crooks, but why are we importing them? Enormous, unwieldy corrupt government programs run by arrogant bureaucrats would be bad enough in 1950. But after decades of our Third World-only immigration policies, one can’t help noticing that Medicare and Medicaid are beckoning Disneylands for foreign-born thieves. The problem isn’t their complexion, it’s their culture. In America, we think only dumb people become criminals. That’s not true in the Third World![/box]
The depth of Ann Coulter’s hatred of the “different” population seems to have no limits. It’s an honored spotlight that she seems to bask in proudly and happily. She will continue her merry rampage against liberals and liberal related groups until her last breath.
Words simply cannot describe this woman, but I want to leave you with one final Coulterism that says it all: “Even Islamic terrorists don’t hate America like liberals do. They don’t have the energy. If they had that much energy, they’d have indoor plumbing by now.”