Authorities are all set to press charges against an ex-neighbor of Syed Farook, the man who helped killed 14 people in a couple’s terror attack in San Bernardino, California.
Until now, it was believed that the two assault weapons used by murderers Farook and Malik had been acquired by the murderers themselves.
It is now known that the rampaging couple had an accomplice in purchasing those assault rifles.
A man by the name of Enrique Marquez will be charged no later than Thursday.
Marquez converted to Islam many years ago, and it was he who purchased the two assault rifles used to carry out the attack.
Marquez told investigators that he and Farook were life-long friends, and that the two had planned an attack in 2012 but called it off after they saw that others had been arrested for plotting an attack.
Marquez said that he purchased the guns because Farook was concerned he wouldn’t pass a background check.
It is unknown what those charges will be, but we will update you as soon as that information becomes available.
Video courtesy of NBC News:
*There are varying reports on the actual year of the terror plot between Marquez and Farook. While some outlets are reporting the plot took place in 2012, others have reported it taking place in 2010. AATTP has decided to go with the majority of credible sources.
Source: NY Times