By AATTP Contributor, Han Chimpson
As we all know, TEApublicans say some of the most shockingly dumb things imaginable. Without their zany quotes, there would be a whole lot less content on this blog, and a whole lot less laughing (or crying?) by liberal people everywhere. So while we could have easily come up with a top 100 list, here is a list of top 15 of the dumbest things TEApublicans have said, with a bias towards the most recent quotes over older ones. These are in no particular order, but feel free to comment on which quote you find to be the most egregiously idiotic. Enjoy…
- “People now don’t die from prostate cancer, breast cancer and some of the other things.” – Chris Collins, New York GOP State Rep.
- “You would be giving off more CO2 if you are riding a bike than driving in a car.” – Ed Orcutt, Washington GOP State Rep., stating that bicycles pollute the environment more than cars do.
- “Oh, no, we’re not going to have any casualties.” – George W. Bush discussing the Iraq war with Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson in 2003, as quoted by Robertson.
- “So Miss Fluke, and the rest of you Feminazis, here’s the deal. If we are going to pay for your contraceptives, and thus pay for you to have sex. We want something for it. We want you post the videos online so we can all watch.” – Rush Limbaugh
- “I think the right approach is to accept this horribly created — in the sense of rape — but nevertheless a gift in a very broken way, the gift of human life, and accept what God has given to you… rape victims should make the best of a bad situation.” – Rick Santorum
- “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways of shutting that whole thing down.” -Todd Akin
- “When a physician removes a child from a woman, that is the largest organ in a body. That’s a big thing. That’s a big surgery. You don’t have any other organs in your body that are bigger than that.” – Mary Sue McClurkin, Alabama GOP State Rep.
- “To redefine marriage is discriminatory towards those who hold the sincerely held religious belief that it is a sacred institution between a man & a woman.” – Illinois state Sen. Kyle McCarter (R), in response to the state Senate approving same-sex marriage in Illinois.
- “I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize life is that gift from God. I think that even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen.” – Richard Mourdock, Indiana GOP U.S. Senate candidate.
- “There is no one who doesn’t have health care in America. No one. Now, they may end up going to the emergency room. There are better ways to deal with people that need health care than this massive new program.” – Phil Bryant, Republican governor of Mississippi.
- ”Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society.”-Rush Limbaugh
- “[America has to import so many workers because] for the last 35 years we have aborted more than a million people who would have been in our workforce.” – Mike Huckabee
- ”The feminist agenda is not about equal rights for women. It is about a socialist, anti-family political movement that encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians.” – Pat Robertson
- “He is purple – the gay-pride color, and his antenna is shaped like a triangle – the gay pride symbol.” – Jerry Falwell’s warning to parents that Tinky Winky of Teletubbies, may be gay.
- “Some girls, they rape so easy” – Roger Rivard, Wisconsin GOP State Rep.
Which one is your favorite, Americans Against the Tea Party? Let us know in the comments below.
Han Chimpson spends a lot of time monkeying around at the Ayn Rand Collected Social Security page, and thinks you are cool enough to do the same.